Mission & Values
Our mission is to provide a high quality immersion program that exposes children to the Spanish Language at an early age as well as to facilitate the benefits of a Montessori classroom approach. We aim to plant a seed of cultural awareness and interest that will grow and will foster diversity and cultural sensitivity within the growing generation. Through compassionate and guided nurturing, we hope to give children, families and community a true passion for multiculturalism and self-leadership. Our mission is to prepare our students socially, emotionally and academically to be fulfilled individuals who make a positive contribution to family and society.
Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator, developed a method of teaching based on her scientific observations of young children’s behavior. Her first “Children’s House” was established in Rome in 1907. She found children learned best in a homelike environment filled with developmentally appropriate materials that provide experiences, which contribute to the growth of self-motivated, independent learners.
Dr. Montessori carried her message across the globe, including the United States in 1912. Dr. Nancy Rambusch established the American Montessori Society in 1960. Montessori education in the United States appeals to those who embrace it because of its outcomes for students. The American parents who originally chose Montessori education matched their views of child rearing. They saw their children as moral beings, which over time would become the socially responsible people Montessori had envisioned. And they saw their children becoming confident, competent learners.
- Diversity-foster a climate that is open and welcoming to diverse people, ideas and perspectives.
- Passion for cultures and languages
- Independence is nurtured and leads to children becoming purposeful, motivated, and confident in their own abilities.
- Nurturing Individuality-We believe in the potential of each person
- Compassionate care – Treat children, parents and colleagues with understanding and respect
- Quality– Adheres to highest standards of excellence.
- Ethics – Maintains highest standards of conduct.
- Responsibility – Accauntable and dependability
- Teamwork– Collaborates and works well as a team member.
- Respect-Concern for each other
- Deep respect for children as individuals
Working within the Framework of the Montessori Philosophy
As a Montessori school, we value a thoughtful and well-prepared learning environment that is both purposeful and peaceful.
We value EDUCATION that equips children socially, emotionally, cognitively, spiritually, and physically.