Vacation week programs
During Vacation Week, SIMS will be closed. However ABC Spanish In Motion offers an experience for children 3 to 7 years of age designed introduce children to the Spanish language and cultures, and help children with Spanish exposure improve their communication skills. The center will be open for everyone that wishes to participate in the program during those weeks. This is a great opportunity for older siblings to come and enjoy sn Spanish experience during their vacation time.
- School Vacation in Spanish provides an opportunity for children to begin to learn and practice Spanish in an immersive and cultural context. Children will sing, make music, play games, and crafts related to spring. They will learn about springtime in Latin America.
- This course provides an experience of learning Spanish in a supportive environment that is reinforced through original music recorded by ABC Spanish in Motion for our classes.
- We aim to create a positive first (or second) impression to learning Spanish and meeting elements of Spanish cultures. We use a child’s natural desire to explore and play to learn through the use of songs, rhymes, stories and games.
- Parents will provide children with a peanut-free lunch, while healthy snacks will be provided by ABC Spanish In Motion Center.
- Please fill out the registration form and bring it on the first day of camp or email it to us at Classes @ ABCSpanishInMotion.com.
February Vacation Classes run Monday – Friday, February 20 -24 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Drop-off and pick-up is done off-street via the BACK door of 991 Boylston Street (Rt. 9) in Newton, MA 02461.
April Vacation Classes run Tuesday April 18 – Friday, April 21, from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Monday is Patriot’s Day – no camp). Drop-off and pick-up is done off-street via the BACK door of 991 Boylston Street (Rt. 9) in Newton, MA 02461.
8 week program offered from July through August
Mondays – Fridays, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (flexible options to 5:30 PM)
Our Spanish summer programs provide an opportunity for children three to seven years of age to begin to learn and practice Spanish in an immersive and cultural context. Children sing, make music, play games, craft, and prepare food as the themes change weekly. Children develop confidence and improve social skills through sharing and group activities in a highly social and participatory setting.
This program provides not only a structured class full of ideas and activities for you to do with your children but also provides a music CD to extend the learning experience to your home.
Native speakers conduct classes fully in Spanish, using a variety of teaching aids including miming, American Sign Language, role -play, puppets, instruments, songs, dance and more.
Class curricula changes weekly, as does the original music used each day. Themes included everyday items such as colors, shapes, food, simple commands, etc. as well as Latin-American themes including rhythms & music, instruments,indigenous animals, foods, etc. All class materials are provided, and children are grouped with others of a similar age. Healthy morning snacks are also provided on the days we are not preparing native, latin-american food.
Days run from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, with an option to remain until 5:30 PM. Please drop off and pick up children promptly at SIMS at 991 Boylston Street (Rt. 9) in Newton. For safety, please use the back (main) door located in the parking lot in rear of the building.
Please contact us to register three or more children. A registration form is required from each family for every child. Please fill out the registration form and email it to Classes @BCSpanishInMotion.com, snail mail it, or bring it to the first day of class.
Checks should be made payable to ABC Spanish in Motion and mailed to 991 Boylston Street, Newton, MA 02461